Monday, June 20, 2011

Day #1 of my "Healthy Living Campaign"

Today is day #1 of my "Healthy Living Campaign".
Notice I did not call it a "diet". I have decided that diets fail, make you feel deprived, and do not keep the weight off long term.

So today's the day.

This is what my refrigerator looks like on the inside. 


I am determined to train my body to love the natural foods that it needs including lean meats, lots of fruits and veggies, whole grains, and low-fat dairy. And since Ben lives in the same house as me, he gets to eat this way too!

*Disclaimer*
This does not mean that I won't treat myself every once in a while. After all, I do live in a city with some AMAZING food.

I am also joining the YMCA tomorrow. I have already tested out the Christ Church YMCA close to our house and I like it. The group fitness room is huge. This is the biggest reason I want to join. I love classes because working out with others helps push me and it's the closest thing to dancing that I can do on a regular basis.

So here it goes...
On the menu for tonight is Blackened Tilapia filets with Liz's Salad and sauteed squash and zucchini
I'll let you know how it goes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment