Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Help


I absolutely loved this book. It's been quite a long time since I was able to sit down and actually read something purely out of enjoyment. The last 6 1/2 years I felt guilty if I picked up anything other than an anatomy, health assessment, or pharmacology book. 
It says on the cover of my copy, right under the title- "This could be one of the most important pieces of fiction since To Kill a Mockingbird...If you read only one book...let this be it." NPR.org

I love stories that are set back in time, and I also enjoy reading/ or watching stories that have meaning. This fits the bill. The only negative remark I have about the book is that one particular foul word is used frequently.

I'm super excited that that The Help- the motion picture will be in theaters August 10! Even though I usually prefer to rent movies, I will be one of the first ones in line at the Carmike to see this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment