Tuesday, September 4, 2012

You are the best thing...

(In yesterday's post I forgot to mention that both comforter sets are queen.)

Today is our 2nd wedding anniversary! My my how time flies when you're having fun. I would not want any other life than the one I'm living with my sweet hubby. We were discussing today how we have already lived in 3 different cities since we were married.

1. Auburn, AL
2. Nashville, TN
3. Madison, AL

And we have lived in 3 different well, living situations I guess you would say.

1. Mobile home
2. Townhome
3. Home home

I hope we stay in the third place for a long time. This is the house I want to raise our children. I promise, will post pics soon!

Well back to our anniversary...
My mom and sister came over last night and surprised us with 3 bar stools we have been wanting and desperately needing for more seating when we have guests over. I was really not expecting any gifts but thought this was so sweet and thoughtful.






We woke up this morning and I made chocolate chip pancakes with bacon and orange juice. Yum.
Ben asked what I wanted to do today and I really couldn't think of anything. I've just enjoyed being off work for a few days. Then he asked if I wanted to go to Hartselle and buy the outdoor settee and chairs we have been wanting. We found them at an antique shop and have been thinking about buying it for about a month now. I'm so glad we did because the furniture looks great in our space. We can't wait to enjoy fall days out on our screened-in porch.








This thing is old. And mahogany. And heavy.

The cushions have been reupholstered and are reversible which is cool. One of the chairs is actually a rocker which seems to be the best seat in the house.






Dad and Grandpa Dee helped me hang the mirror and sconces the other day. It was quite the task for this gal since the holes had to be screwed into brick. I think it turned out to be a nice little nook to the porch.


We later went to dinner at Landry's..yum my favorite. Then we walked around Bridge Street for a while.




Well that's all folks. All leave you with some recent pictures.





No comments:

Post a Comment