Sunday, August 14, 2011

What I've been up to

No, I have not dropped off the face of the earth. I have been studying for my Family Nurse Practitioner exam which I take on Monday. A prayer Monday evening at 6 PM would be greatly appreciated. The more- the better! I am so ready to have this thing behind me. Finally the last step in becoming an NP (well besides going through more paperwork to be licensed in TN). Then the job hunt is on! I sure have enjoyed my summer- free of responsibilities, but believe it or not, I'm ready for my life to get busy again. Well, busy may not be the word. "Steady" would work. I just don't know what to do with myself if I don't have a jam- packed schedule.

But in the meantime, Ben and I are:
1. Searching for a church home
2. Looking for me a job
3. Trying to save money for a house, car, (fill in the blank). Well, just trying to save money :)
4. Getting Direct TV
5. Miraculously trying to find AU/FL tickets
6. Looking for a place where Ben can play golf where we don't have to pay $2,000 a year

I think those are the top ones.

I am exploring volunteering opportunities in the city. I would really love to find one specific ministry that I can give my whole heart and energy to. So far, the list is:
1. NICU volunteer "baby holder" at Vanderbilt. I was thinking this might help fill that void of not working in the nursery anymore. It might also help with the baby itch I'm sure I'll get soon. But I  imagine it being difficult not to be able to give any of my nursing skills to the little kiddos.
2.  Boys and Girls Club volunteer/ mentor. I think I'm at a great place in my life to offer some good love and advice to a kid who needs a positive role model in their life.
3. Middle TN Rescue Mission volunteer with the women and children. Preparing meals, serving others, helping the women with reading and math skills.
4. Volunteer at one of the local Elementary schools once a week after school to help kids work on their reading skills. 


That's a peek into my life the past few weeks. Oh- and in case you were wondering...Mom is recovering so well from her knee replacement. I think she is setting records at her therapy sessions :) Just one more knee to go and then she will be able to run around the neighborhood! Thanks everyone for the prayers. She has felt them and drawn strength from them.











No comments:

Post a Comment